Myanmar Military Extends Post-Earthquake Ceasefire to April 30
Myanmar’s military extended a ceasefire it announced in the wake of a deadly earthquake last month by a week to April 30, the junta said in a statement.
The move will help accelerate reconstruction in quake-affected areas, the regime’s Ministry of Information said in the statement issued Wednesday. “Utmost efforts must be made to rebuild damaged government offices,” department buildings, public housing and transport facilities, it said.