Pentagon Says 10 ‘High-Threat’ Migrants at Guantanamo Bay
The Pentagon said Wednesday that 10 undocumented migrants have been transported to its detention facilities in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, the latest effort by the Trump administration to demonstrate its aggressive use of the military to enforce immigration restrictions.
The announcement follows Trump’s order last week to the Defense and Homeland Security departments to expand detention capacity at the naval station, with the aim of ultimately being able to hold as many as 30,000 people.